The books we read all come from the Libraries of Catalonia, especially from CePSE, the loaning service. At some point, we had read most of the available sets of books, so, in 2011 a member of the Club suggested to buy a book we wanted to read and do a Donation to the Library of Torredembarra, as a sort of thank-you for the service.
The Club has done these donations:
- 2012: 12 copies of different works by Charles Dickens
- 2013: 11 copies of Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- 2014: 15 copies of The Rainbow by DH Lawrence
- 2016: 15 copies of The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins (nota de premsa en català).
- 2017: 23 copies of To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (nota de premsa en català)
- 10 copies of The Vegetarian by Hang Kang
- 10 copies of The Secret River by Kate Grenville
- 2019: (nota de premsa en català)
- 12 copies of All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- 10 copies of Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- 2020: (nota de premsa en català)
- 15 copies of Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo
- 15 copies of Bad Magic You by AM Stirling
The donation is 100% voluntary and the book itself is chosen by the Club. These are some notes on how to suggest a possible future donation:
- Originally written in English
- Few copies of it must exist in the Libraries of Catalonia
- Preference for non-Classic
- Preference for humour
- Preference for country of origin or of setting outside of the US and UK (to be diverse)
- Preference for books that give a sense of continuity to other books we have read (for example, we read Fahrenheit 451 because we had read two dystopia novels before) or in advance of a book we want to read.